Saturday, June 6, 2015

Last Friday ...

I am very behind on posting current events around here! These three pictures were taken 8 days ago on a Friday night. The kiddos came over for dinner and playtime for a few hours. I haven't had an overnight with these guys for quite awhile now--too many things going on in my life to "miss" a solid night's sleep once per week I think.
But getting together at least once per week is still … something consistent and enables us to keep building our relationships. It is such a privilege to be their grandmother, and such a responsibility too! I enjoy hearing about their week and I love sharing Christ with them. Since we finished our studies in Genesis, we decided to just continue right on in Exodus; and so last week, we met Moses and talked about the events that were going on in his world when he was a baby. We had such a good story time, and the children did wonderful paintings … again!
This was their last week at school before summer break begins. Emma was in a little dread of some of the final tests that she had to take this week, but she seems to have survived it. 
Matthew loves playing LEGOS in my tiny back room. I can't believe how much good playing goes on back there--I am so glad I have this extra room, even if it is small. I love the expression on Matthew's face … thankful, always, for these grandkiddos.

No comments: