Saturday, January 14, 2023

January 11 Walking

Wednesday:  I've been trying to walk a mile or more per day, just around Leisure Village. It's an easy task because Ruthanne's house is .52 miles from my house; so if I walk to check on her house every day, I will get my mile in easily. I usually walk the short way to her house (through the park), and then take the longer way home (along Chauncey).

But today, I took a little detour behind the maintenance buildings, through a small woodsy area, and almost onto the golf course. It was a pretty evening, not windy at all, and not terribly cold either.


I'm hoping I can remember where I ducked into and out of the woods for future reference. It's nice to mix up my route throughout the week--to give my walk more variety.
This is the north-side entrance to Leisure Village--probably the one Ruthanne and Terry will use on a regular basis. There used to be another entrance further north--but they have that one blocked off now--perhaps they decided they just didn't want to maintain that much driveway to and from Chauncey.
Ruthanne and Terry are coming over to their place Friday afternoon to begin painting. They have a LOT of walls they desire to paint--and since the house is empty, it's a perfect time to get the painting done. I'll invite them to eat lunch here, and then we'll probably go out to eat for dinner.

Note to self:  We DID eat out Friday night. Having never eaten at El Agave Mexican Grille before, and since it is so close to where we live, I suggested we eat there. It's a nice enough looking place--but truly, the food was nothing to get excited about--not authentically Mexican at all. 


No comments: