Sunday, January 8, 2023

January 7 Kaity and Emma

Saturday: I made Kaity's favorite chicken-fried-rice for dinner tonight. When I drove over to Jesse's place to retrieve Kaity, she was already occupied playing outside with her best friend. They were having fun together, and it didn't seem like she wanted to come over ... which I completely understand. I went inside and visited with Jesse for a little bit, but he got a phone call and was busy with that.

Eventually, after talking to Kaity and asking her what she wanted to do, she said she wanted her friend to come over to my house too. We actually did that a few weeks ago; but her friend could only stay for an hour or so, which meant that I had to drive the friend all the way back home and then drive back to my house ... which is too much gas to expend! I'm serious! 

I talked Kaity out of having her friend over. She was quiet in the car on the way over here; but when we got inside, Emma was here and both girls were ready to eat; so we enjoyed a good meal together. Kaity and Emma spent some time playing games together--and they taught me how to play UNO WILD, which was fun to learn.


It was very nice that these two spent time together tonight. I love to hear their laughter and listen to them interact. Ten years is a BIG span between them--so they really have to make an effort to find something to do together. I'm just thankful that tonight it worked out and that they had fun together.

No comments: