Thursday, January 19, 2023

January 17 These TWO

Tuesday:  Here's a bunch of pictures I took of the little kids today at my house ...

I found this reusable coloring book in one of my art bins. I only have a few dry-erase markers; but Erin was pleased to try them all out on this princess book.
We introduced Cal to "Sweetie Pie" today. Cal is really wonderful about pretending, and he is very very good with puppets. He latched right on to Sweetie Pie and soon was feeding him everything he could find ... stickers, the table, Matchbox cars ...

Erin worked on making some sticker cards. She made one for her brother, Aidan, stating: "I miss him every day when he is away at Kindergarten." And the other card is for Kaity (her favorite cousin).

Cal is pretending that Sweetie Pie was SO hungry, he took a bite off his face! Look at his facial expression.
Erin sat down at the lunch table and announced that she was only going to eat fruits and vegetables today. Yikes. Thankfully, I had cantaloupe, grapes, carrots, cucumbers ... but I also got out cheese and crackers and peanut butter. We used my tiny Pampered Chef cookie cutters to cut the cheese into pretty shapes.

Here is Cal--perfectly happy with his helping of Mac 'n cheese! What a kid.
I blew up a few balloons for Cal and Erin. You'd think I had given them something truly valuable! They had so much fun with their balloons today!
Cal loves balls in general. He was so thrilled with how high up his little balloon would float ...
I got out the MagnaCubes and these two went to town building all kinds of interesting things!
Cal has a very analytical mind ... watch his facial expressions as he builds ...

Erin made this pretty all-green shape and asked me what it reminded me of. I told her it looked like a giant EMERALD. She was very pleased.



Our young architect played with MagnaCubes for a very long time today. He enjoyed every single minute.


Miss Erin too! She is also a very good builder. She likes her stuff symmetrical and is quite exacting with her creations.


Those top two magnets? Little Cal stood and balanced on his tippy-toes to get them to stay.
He super impressed himself!

Mr. Cal did NOT take a nap today ... so by the time we drove back to his house, he was a little out of sorts. Good thing we brought our balloons (and some extras) with us. They kept us busy while we waited for Dylan and Kelly to come home from work. Aidan and Brendan played with us too once they were home from school. I neglected to bring my camera with me; so once again, I have no pictures of Aidan or Brendan this week. I have to start bringing my camera with me to their house!

I am thankful for this good day with these beautiful children. I am so blessed as a grandma.
 

No comments: