Wednesday, January 25, 2023

January 25 Another great Tuesday

Tuesday:  Kelly and Cal were over at their friend's house this morning; so after I picked Erin up from preschool, we drove over to pick up Cal. Marie (their friend and mine too)--her house is beautiful AND amazing. It's not that it is so huge or anything ... but it has SUCH character and immense charm. Marie is a professional photographer, and her art is evident all around the house. Plus ... Marie grew up with my boys--so we go back many years. I love her and her family.  

Once we arrived here, we had our usual few hours playing together. We never struggle for things to do. I have enough toys to satisfy most any child; plus, I love to sit and play with the kids--so that's a plus as well. We did, however, watch 45 minutes of a video--but it was at least educational. It was a Baby Shark children's songs thing with all kinds of really cute kids' songs with the alphabet and numbers and darling songs that went with it. Erin and Cal watched the whole thing while I straightened a few things up around here.

Erin sat at the piano for awhile this afternoon and sang a few songs. She sang "Jesus Loves Me" but changed the lyrics up just a little bit: "Jesus loves me, this I know--for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are small, but He is big!" I like her words very much.

Cal was into putting things on his head (and mine) all throughout the day ... he looks pretty cute with this container balanced on his head. He was pretty pleased with himself too.




We got out the Play-Doh and sat here for 45 minutes and made stuff. Nothing profound. Snake families and the like ... but it was fun and Cal was VERY into it.
Erin too. She made a little teddy bear (I have a play-doh mold that helps us do that) and then she had me model a little blanket so that her baby bear could be tucked in.


We made it back to their house with about 10 minutes to spare before Aidan stepped off his bus. Both Cal and Erin had fallen asleep in the car, so I left it running and sat there watching for Aidan's bus. Once inside the house, Aidan marched himself downstairs to play a game of Minecraft. Meanwhile, I moved the sleeping kiddos inside to finish their naps on the couch.
Erin was really DEEP in sleep. She slept for another 45 minutes. Cal too!
Brendan came home from school soon after Aidan. I set a timer to signify when Aidan's turn would be finished with his game so that Brendan could have a turn too. It worked out just fine. Both boys followed the plan quite reasonably, and all was well.
After Aidan's turn with Minecraft was over, he decided it was high time for Cal to wake up. So these brothers roughed around with each other for quite awhile.
I tried to get some good shots of them together; however, Aidan would NOT keep his tongue inside of his mouth--so these are just goofy shots.
Look at little Cal!
I did finally get Aidan to crack up, at which time his tongue (quite involuntarily) went back inside his mouth ... but the picture of his beautiful smile is blurred.
All throughout the roughing with the brothers, Erin slept on. Cal got sick of her sleeping so he kept wandering to her side of the couch and sitting on her legs. Erin was not amused ... but she eventually DID wake up and joined us playing.
Here is Cal with a plastic container covering his upper body. I was using this particular container as a megaphone--it honestly sounded like one if you put your head inside and talked--the echo was amazing. Cal decided to take it a little bit farther and just stick it right over his entire head.
Cutie!
Here is Erin fully awake.

I regretfully did not get Brendan in a single picture today. He is not a little kid anymore and I don't want to rudely take pictures of him that he doesn't want taken. I have to work on somehow getting more of him, though--because I love him dearly and would very much miss having pictures of him.

No comments: