Sunday, January 8, 2023

June 5 The JOY of KT

Thursday:  I drove over to Jesse's house at about 4pm Thursday afternoon to pick Kaity up. She was over at her best friend's house playing; so rather than call her back right away, Jesse and I hung out for close to an hour to give Kaity that needed time after school with her friend. They are a grade apart in school; so during the school day, they don't see each other very much. It was nice to catch up with Jesse for that hour, too. 

Kaity and I had an errand to run once we headed over to my house; so we did that, and in the process I ended up purchasing her a "Beanie" over at the store where I dropped off my prescription. I don't usually buy Kaity stuff at the store--because it's a bad habit to do with Kaity. But ... here she is with her beanie:

Foxes are just ONE of Kaity's favorite animals! We worked on a name for him because Kaity wasn't pleased with the name given to him on his name tag. Interestingly, that name is "Meadow." Kaity wanted to know what a "meadow" was, so I told her it was kind of like a big open field with bushes and other vegetation--which is where foxes generally live. We worked on the name thing for a long time. I even got my Little Book of Baby Names off the shelf and we went through all of the boy names. Kaity finally came up with one on her own. I had just read the name: "SLY" (which foxes ARE!) and she liked it, but changed it a bit to "SLICK". SO ... Slick it is!

Kaity and I played three games of UNO. I actually won TWO games. We then moved on to play a few foosball games. We did a lot of laughing together and it was a very enjoyable few hours together. 

I am thankful for you, dear Kaity!


No comments: