Friday, February 2, 2024

January 31 Little Cal

Wednesday:  Every week when I have Cal over for a few hours ... he surprises me with WHO he is! He is never boring, never quite the same from week to week. He is a strong force to be dealt with; he's amusing and interesting, unafraid, aggressive ... but tender too. 

Here are a few pictures of this beautiful boy ... he likes to have his picture taken and then he wants to see it right away on my camera screen:

Cal hiding behind (literally) Paco while relaxing on my couch ...


Playing with the cool wooden boat bird house in the playroom--just like Brendan used to do! Baby Owl (Bill) was taking rides ...


I love this little, soft, expressive face ... so I asked Cal: "What this face about, Cal?" He answered: "That's my sad face, gramma."
"What about THIS face?" "Oh," he said--"That's my weely sad face."
Can you give me a happy face? The picture below.
"What about your thinking face?!" 
I forget what Cal said this face (below) was ... but it's my FAVORITE.
"This is my sleepy face, gramma."
Sweetness ... SO cute!
Cal is very physically active and strong ... so our next activity was shooting hoops ...
Cal is very enthused about playing any type of ball. He was very disappointed about the Lions' loss to the 49er's on Sunday. "We wost, gramma. I was sad." 

Cal was having difficulty making any of our basketballs go THROUGH the hoop and had the great idea that if I just lifted him up, he could make it! We did this a number of times--but he's a hefty little guy, so I had to finally tell him that my arms were not strong enough.

Cal decided that the orange ball was HIS and that the "boo" (blue) ball and "biderman" (the red ball) could be mine.

Such a dear little laddie.

We played ball until I was quite exhausted! Cal? Nope. He could've played another 30 minutes.

It was soon time to go back to their house to get the kids off their school bus. I snapped a few pictures with my phone while we were playing. 

Aidan is such a good reader! He has lost THREE teeth in the last few weeks!

Aidan got a snack ready and brought it to the table. I later found out that Aidan intended this to be our dessert after dinner tonight--but we misunderstood him and ate it BEFORE dinner. He's quite the independent little person in the kitchen.


Well ... that's all for this Wednesday. I get to see them all again at Brendan's birthday party this Saturday!


No comments: