Wednesday, August 17, 2022

August 14 Kenzie's Party

Sunday afternoon/evening:  Emma and I were invited to Kenzie's 11th birthday party. Emma could not attend the party because she is rehabilitating post four impacted wisdom teeth removal (Friday morning). I brought Emma's card and gifts to the party with me. I took a few pictures from the party:

This is Harper, Kenzie's younger sister

Here is Kenzie opening gifts. I liked that the "giver" was invited to sit in a chair next to Kenzie and watch her open up their present to her. 

The first gift from Kaity was a Christmas tree ornament (I think Diana purchased this in Frankenmuth, the city in Michigan that celebrates Christmas 365 days per year), and then she opened the stuffed animal (Kaity calls these "Beanie-Boos") ...

Kaity watched as Kenzie opened up gifts from Emma too ...

Kenzie was super excited about this gift! Good job, Emma!
Kaity has a bunch of these "guns" too, so the girls will have a lot of fun playing together with them.

I got a brain-teaser kind of game for Kenzie that Kaity recommended--one of those puzzles that can be solved more than one way. I also got her a Beanie-Boo (a little puppy). Kenzie's ACTUAL birthday is August 16, the VERY DAY Emma was born, only nine years later. Emma was sad that she wasn't feeling well enough to go to Kenzie's party, but it really was best that she stay here and rest.

No comments: