Wednesday, August 17, 2022

August 16. No More Teens

Tuesday:  Today is Emma's twentieth birthday. I can barely take it in! From this grandma's point of view, it was a momentous day--the day I became a grandmother. BUT ... this is NOT about me! It's about dear Emma, who is no longer a teenager.

We decided to wait to open her gift(s) until the day AFTER her birthday (today) because Emma works a second shift job and by the time she was up and around on her birthday, the kiddos were here to play and even though they would have enjoyed seeing Emma open her present(s), Emma wanted a more private time. This was okay with me too! 

I especially went out to buy some pretty wrapping paper the other day but ... the roll that I THOUGHT was shiny silver paper was actually CLEAR plastic. Weird. I didn't discover this until I was last-minute wrapping and then it was too late to go back out again ... so I used paper that I had leftover from Kenzie's birthday the other day. Emma was not offended!

This is where Belle was as Emma opened her gift ... Belle factors into the present ... she just didn't know it yet.

Emma reading her card I designed for her (see next post) ...
Emma found the tiny present and opened it first. Aren't these pretty? Emma had chosen these and put them on her Amazon wishlist. I like them very much.

Emma was very aware what the next present was too because this was ALSO on her wishlist and was the only item big enough to be in a box this size.
So what on earth is this?
It's a back/front carrier for ... BELLE! It looks like an animal space capsule ... but we don't plan on blasting Belle off anywhere anytime soon.

Getting Belle IN the carrier was a little bit tricky ... but Emma doesn't give up easily.
Belle was not sure what to think of the entire thing and expressed dislike for the entire process ...
But it didn't take long before she had turned herself around and around, explored every tiny corner and finally curled up and sat down.
Very nice. I think Emma will be taking many walks with Belle now! How nice for both of them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA!
 

No comments: