Wednesday, August 3, 2022

August 2 A New Playground

Tuesday:  I picked the children up from the West side Library this morning at 11am. Miss Jen was there was all four kiddos for story time. I had never been to this library EVER. It's in a super old building (beautiful) with a great children's book section and LOTS of interesting toys. 



The three older children left with me and we drove to a playground that I have driven past but never stopped at--it is called a "universally designed playground" with very cool stuff to climb on. This playground is actually part of the John Ball Zoo park system.

Here are some pictures of the kiddos exploring:





It's got lots of interesting places to climb!
Look at this cool rope ladder ...


They had a LOT of fun on these ropes and tires ...

I love watching these guys play!



This little person (Aidan) declared that he did NOT like this playground and wanted to go to MY house immediately. I stalled him and told him I wasn't finished exploring the playground yet. He kept repeating the same sentence: "I want to go to your house, gwamma." I reminded him that we were definitely going to my house very soon ... so he went off to think about it.
Erin enjoyed this cool swing for awhile ...
Aidan picked a pretty purple flower for me ...
Isn't he sweet?
Look at this cool leaf apparatus ... is it a slide?


Mmm. Aidan finally decided to enjoy himself and play! I love this picture of him.




It was quite warm outside today, but there were nice shady sections. We didn't stay overly long, but I'm glad we visited for a little while.
 

No comments: