Friday, August 19, 2022

August 18 with my Kaity-Girl

Thursday:  Well, well, well. These photos loaded in the complete opposite order in which I directed them. Pooh. SO ... we'll just tell our story a bit backward for this post. Late in our time yesterday, Kaity and I took a little walk over by Mill Creek. It was a beautiful evening for a walk--very mild and pleasant outside.

This is the old mill wheel from days gone by ... (above).
Kaity was ALL about going INTO the creek ... it is not very deep and she was in pursuit of some pretty rocks for her rock collection.
She also chased down a few ducks while she was at it ...






This is such a lovely spot, isn't it? I've finally forgiven them (whoever) for uprooting all of the gorgeous trees that ran along Mill Creek in this very place.

The "people in charge" stated that they are "letting Mill Creek reclaim the land ..." whatever that means. 

I kind of have a "thing" for flowers ... of all kinds and shapes ... I am constantly amazed at the detail God put into each and every one of them! Amazing.













The grass is super high out here and the wildflowers are JUST fabulous! Kaity wasn't sure she liked the feel of the "weeds" and high grass on her legs ...










I love these pictures of my Kaity-Girl!
We started out our time together just here at my house. I surprised Kaity with a photo book. You see, I was terribly late making her 10th birthday card--I NEVER DID make her one. My computer was "down" for just about 5 weeks. So by the time I got around to making her card, I had gone through 100's of photos of her ... since I have made books for the rest of her siblings, it was high time I made one for Kaity! She was super pleased.
Kaity brought her baby "Angel" and Angel's stuffed animal for our time together tonight. Angel has some brand NEW shoes--aren't they cute?
We also played Kaity's first game of KISMET ... she was NOT impressed. She was playing a game on her phone all during OUR game. But that was okay because I had fallen asleep while Kaity had invited me to watch a movie with her on Netflix about a little dog. I got TOO comfortable in my chair and just kept falling asleep. I got up and made us something half-way healthy to eat, and then I wasn't sleepy any more. After we ate was when we went for our walk by the creek. We also got an ice cream cone while we were out. I am so glad Kaity still comes over to visit. She's growing up so fast. !!
 

No comments: