Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 31 Last walk in August!

Wednesday: I went for an evening walk, hoping to log in two miles perhaps. I took the straight shot to the far end of Leisure and as I was heading out to Chauncey Avenue, this beautiful sight was straight in front of me! I stopped walking and slowly took my camera out of its case. I wasn't very close, actually--these photos are all taken with my zoom lens.

I had my air buds in and was listening and singing to some beautiful songs about the Lord. I remembered my dear friend, Gela, saying that when she is out in the woods near her home in Ada--if she sings (she sings in her native language, German) the deer will come very close to her and just listen! I stood right where I was and continued singing softly--I wondered if they could hear me--they were SO attentive! I continued to slowly walk towards them, singing as I walked. These are the best of the pictures I was able to take.
Finally, the fawns walked away from their mom and she quickly followed ...


I think deer are one of the most beautiful creatures God has created. I love their color. I love the peaceful way they walk and the graceful way they run and jump. They disappeared into the woods shortly after this. I was so glad to have seen them and was able to snap a few pictures. I've seen deer on previous walks, but never this close or this still.

And look at these beautiful RED ... crab apples? I'm not sure what they are! They are growing on a large and very full tree on Chauncey Avenue ...



... I was almost finished with my walk when I KNEW I had to get back to my house quickly to use the bathroom (TMI) and as I was walking along ... I found a little shoe (see next post) ...
 

No comments: