Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 30 Cal and Erin

Tuesday: This is the SECOND week of having Cal and Erin come over to play on Tuesday. Aidan and Brendan are now in school full time--I MISS THEM!

I didn't take many pictures today my house. I was too busy trying to keep up with these two! They did enjoy fishing together except their fishing lines kept interlocking and needing untwisting, etc. I did this for as long as I could manage and then diverted one of them elsewhere so that the other could fish in peace!
Look at this chubby little boy! He absolutely kills me!

Dear Erin was not feeling well at all ... she needed to use the potty you see and she wanted her "little potty" to use for her more serious needs. She is fine to use my potty chair on top of my regular toilet for her quick use, but not for her serious stuff.

Erin did work on a little sticker picture for her mom's birthday ... but she asked if we could return to her house so that she could use "HER potty" at home. I sat her back on my potty for awhile and read books to her while Cal was tearing the place up and bringing interesting objects to me in the bathroom (like Emma's hairbrush, the doorstop from my bathroom, etc.) but Erin had no "luck" getting her serious business accomplished at my house. 
I was hesitant to take them to Altitude with Erin having a tummy ache, but she requested that we go there anyway, so we did. I followed Callaghan around very closely. Erin quickly found other little friends and ran around with them.
Cal had a difficult time getting his body UP this incline while carrying the ball ... so he let the ball go (regrettably) and managed to climb to the top ...
Cal really enjoys playing ball ...

Cal was VERY intent on making a basket ...
... and threw the ball with all of his might! If I had been able, I would have lifted him up to the basket for his attempt, but I can barely lift this little chunk of a boy.
I was able to lift him enough to "throw" him onto this soft place ... several times actually, to his delight.


The hour we spent at Altitude totally exhausted me. It's harder than I thought to keep up with this little boy AND keep on eye on Erin at the same time. But it worked out just fine--I think my body will ache tomorrow, though!
 

No comments: