Friday, August 12, 2022

August 9 Usual stuff

Tuesday:  This first picture has nothing at all to do with this post ... I took it the other day because I was just walking past Belle's scratching triangle when I noticed her tail hanging out. I snapped this picture because I've never seen her curled up inside of it before.

ANYWAY ... I picked the children up this morning from E. Grand Rapids Yacht Club where Brendan was taking another sailing class. Today, their drill was to be out in the middle of the lake, capsize their boats and then flip it back over and get back inside of it. Two students per boat. Nannie Jen was not aware that this was a "drill" and as she gazed out on the lake and noticed all of the boats capsized, she wondered if a sudden wind had come up! I arrived only after all the boats had been righted once again and the students were sailing back to shore. Jen warned me that Brendan might be a little "emotional" having been swept out of his boat suddenly. However, Brendan cleared the whole thing up by excitedly telling us what they were learning in sailing class that day. Jen and I were both relieved to find out that this was a planned event. No worries!

I see so MUCH of Kelly in this picture of Erin!



The three older kiddos came over and hung out at my house for the next few hours. We did all of our usual stuff around here.
After NOT making a book over the last few weeks, Aidan enthusiastically wanted to make one today.
Aidan loves to draw and do art. He has the makings of a future author/illustrator. His aunt Shelley would be proud!

For awhile, Aidan and Erin played with the railroad toys ...

Brendan read, "I Yam a Donkey" which is hilariously written and illustrated by Cece Bell. Very funny story.


Belle is finally getting used to these kiddos and came out of hiding for quite a while today. Sadly, there are only a few more Tuesdays where Aidan and Brendan will be coming over before full-time school begins for them. At that time, I will start having little Callaghan and Erin together with me on Tuesdays.

We arranged to pick Kaity up for our Altitude time today. The kiddos enjoy playing with Kaity so much. 
They played "tag", jumping and crashing and then playing "dead" and had no end of fun.
Erin and Aidan even made little foam chairs to sit in.


Brendan and Kaity had a few battles today. Kaity won every one of them! She has grown so fast this year, she has far more weight and strength than Brendan does at this point.


Our hour of jumping passed quickly ...
... and then we drove to Dylan and Kelly's for dinner (Buddy's pizza!) and time with Callaghan. He was TWO in mid-May. He has quite THE personality. I love him to pieces.
He really loves having his picture taken.
Very soon, Callaghan, you will be a regular part of my Tuesdays and we will make some nice memories together.

No comments: