Sunday, August 21, 2022

August 20 Kaity and Emma

Saturday:  I had a few "plans" for my time with Kaity today. "PLAN A" was to go to Versluis Park and explore the lake for an hour or so--since we haven't gone there at all this year! But as I was driving over to get Kaity, the sky certainly looked ominous and by the time Kaity and I got into my car from her dad's, it was raining super hard! Scratch PLAN A. 

Instead, we drove over to Sam's Club in the pouring rain to pick up a birthday cake for ... ME! We needed a few other items as well. However, it was seriously raining SO hard as we drove into the parking lot there at Sam's that I dropped Kaity off at the front door and told her I would be right there. Kaity waited inside where it was dry while I tried to find a parking place--very difficult to do on a Saturday over at Sam's, no matter what the weather. I finally found a place to park and ran inside to find Kaity. I was drenched ... but ... no matter! We found a yummy cake, a nice bag of chips, and while we were there, I purchased one of their yummy rotisserie chickens for $4.98.

It was still raining as we drove over to my house. I didn't really have a PLAN B of any substance, so when Emma greeted us and invited Kaity to hang out in her room, I was a bit relieved. I put some dinner together for Kaity and I (Emma wasn't hungry) and after we ate, the girls went shopping out and about.

They did allow me to snap a few pictures of them when they returned home. They went Good Will shopping and Emma picked up TWO dresses. Kaity is wearing one of them and Emma is wearing the other in the first two pictures ...


And then they switched dresses ...



The girls spent most of their time in Emma's room looking on line for ideas as to what Kaity could dress up for Halloween. I'm glad they were able to have a fun time together!


No comments: