Sunday, August 7, 2022

August 7 At AJ's

Sunday afternoon:  I asked if I could meet Dylan and Kelly and the kids over at AJ's this afternoon. They were out celebrating Shane's birthday. I had a card to give to Shane and this seemed the best way to deliver it and to wish him a Happy Birthday. 

I've never been to AJ's with these kiddos--not because I didn't WANT to but because my finances don't allow room for it. So I got to watch the joy of these kiddos play here and not spend any money whatsoever. It was a real treat for me. They really enjoyed the Arcade.



Little Callaghan didn't need the machines to actually WORK ... he was thrilled just to operate a steering wheel and watch the screen. 
The kids begged for Kaity to come because they love her so much. Jesse and Kaity arrived not long after we did. When Erin saw Kaity from a distance, she hollered out "KAITY!!!!" and flew into her arms. So sweet.
This is Callaghan, Kaity and Brendan racing separately ... Callaghan was SO happy about this.
Look at his happy little face.
The go-karts were closed today--much to Kaity's disappointment. Jesse says he and Kaity come every Wednesday because you can do two solid hours of go-karts for a better price than any other day. She loves to drive! But there were storms threatening ... perhaps that's why the carts were not operating. I'm not sure. So as an alternative, everyone went miniature golfing--which was a riot to watch. DYLAN is SO patient with teaching the little kids about their golf clubs and how to hold and swing, etc. 


This was a bit much for Kaity. The last time I went miniature golfing with Kaity was last year, I think. It was just the two of us and I could barely keep up with her. She is NOT one for waiting. As it was, we were in two groups and Kaity had to wait for Brendan to play out his turn before it was hers. Brendan is quite meticulous about most things and follows rules to a tee ... this was good for Kaity!
There was even an UNDERGROUND hole! Kaity yelled up to me that it was "really really DARK" in there.






It's rare for me to get pictures of Jesse and Dylan at the same event--mostly because they don't regularly hang out. But it was nice to have he and Kaity be with their cousins(nieces and nephews) today.
Brendan got a fresh haircut. I like it very much.
This is a very nice golf course. I didn't play today. I just rooted people on.
These two ...

Aidan was a pretty intense golfer--not surprising.
Erin in this little pink dress ... she is so precious.

There are lots and lots of water hazards on this course which makes it extra fun.


I love these pictures ...



Brendan scooping Kaity's ball from the water ...

Kelly walked around with Callaghan since he was just too little to participate in this activity. Near the end, he came to cheer everyone on. 
Erin showing me a rock she found along the way. Kelly encouraged her to leave it at the course, since it wasn't ours to keep. Erin put it back very obediently. I think she just wanted to see my face as I looked at the rock--she knows I love rocks.

We only got sprinkled on just a tiny bit, so everyone was able to complete their game. It sure was good to see everyone today, especially Shane since I don't see him very often. 

No comments: