Sunday, August 28, 2022

August 28 Week two walking

Sunday:  I added up my "mileage" (ha!) from the week and ... drum roll ... I walked a total of TEN miles. It truly seemed much longer than that! I only walked around my neighborhood and down Chauncey a little bit--but I tried to do a minimum of one mile per day (that was the goal) and I did reach it, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Wednesday morning I walked early--7:30 or so. While walking on Chauncey, I saw SEVEN deer cross the road up ahead of me. They were SO quiet and graceful and beautiful. I stopped walking to enjoy them, but they were gone SO fast that it was just a brief moment of pleasure. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed my new airbuds that were given to me on my birthday. I can listen to great music the entire time I am walking. It takes the edge of having to walk! I don't often take my camera along with me because ... I don't walk at a very fast pace while shooting pictures. Since I have my phone, though, I do every now and then snap a picture of a pretty flower!


I forget what these flowers are called--but aren't they so beautiful? These blossoms were as large as my hand! Hopefully this week, I will add more mileage at a faster pace of walking. I'm trying NOT to be old at 69; but honestly, I truly don't like to exercise. Come fall, I will find it much more pleasant to walk in the woods. I don't walk in the woods during the hot months because I don't wear long pants, long sleeves and boots in the summer--and I am not a fan of mosquito bites or ticks either. Once the first frost comes, I will gladly return to the woods. Hopefully, I will continue to form a habit of daily walking ... at least until the really COLD weather hits.


No comments: