Friday, August 19, 2022

August 16 with the kiddos

Tuesday:  I picked Brendan, Aidan and Erin up at 11:00 from their house this morning. We drove over to Rogue River Park to play for a tiny bit before coming to my house.

I didn't realize that Aidan was sick until we were at the park. He had a cold! His eyes were all puffy and his nose was draining, and his body felt miserable. 
Erin had her little baby doll with her, so we stalled Aidan just long enough for "baby" to see the playground, go down each slide, and climb each ladder ...
But dear Aidan was just sitting quietly. He kept saying: "I'm alright, gwamma." But he sure didn't look like he felt okay.
So we drove right on over to my house ...
Erin immediately announced that she was hungry, so it was the usual mac'n cheese with Apple juice for her. Aidan said he was NOT hungry but that he was willing to cook us all a HUGE meal, so he went to work on that ... Paco and Ramone were his helpers.
Brendan had a nice bowl of chicken broccoli pasta and cinnamon apples, but then he wandered away to read some fresh library books I had picked out for him.
My birthday present from Emma was a huge JOY to little Erin. She finished up her lunch and fished away ...

Erin was super pleased with the little fishing poles ...



Meanwhile, Brendan requested that we watch an animal show on Disney+ ... something about what animals do and do not do. Brendan loves to learn about animals. This "show" is very entertaining, I must say.


ALL three children stopped everything they were doing to watch an episode ... or two ...
Erin returned to her fishing expedition with the help of Oscar C. Otter, who had found the little nets that came with the fishing set. I had forgotten about those.
Brendan was picked up from me at 3pm to go over for an orientation to his "new" school for this year. Brendan is in the fifth grade now. Kelly researched several school possibilities for Brendan and decided the program offered in the Forest Hills School district was a good fit for him. He will be in a fifth/sixth grade building with lots of good learning opportunities for him. Aidan starts Kindergarten next week in the same school system (different building)--ALL DAY. So ... next Tuesday will be a very different day around here!

This little stinker is going to come over to my house with Erin. Callaghan has never been to my house without his mom and dad. Should be interesting. I think he and Erin play well together, but I'm not sure. Next week is bound to be tricky with Aidan being gone from Erin for so many hours. Erin's preschool doesn't return until after Labor Day--I think Erin might be a little bit lonely without Aidan--they constantly play with each other. PLUS, we are pretty sure that next week they will be closing on a new home to move into--the house isn't NEW--but it is NEW to them! It's a great house! I'm so glad for them.

Cal likes to have his picture taken--he's a real cutie. I think he will very much enjoy the toys I have at my house!
I love these pictures of him!
Cal knew that Aidan wasn't feeling well, so he decided to climb up on the chair with Aidan and have a cuddle. Aidan was surprisingly okay with it!

My heart is sad for next week--I will miss Brendan and Aidan tremendously. Hopefully, I will be able to see and interact with them when I bring Erin and Callaghan back to them at the end of the day. 

No comments: