Sunday, August 21, 2022

August 21 Walking ...

Sunday:  A few days ago (Wednesday) I resumed a walking schedule--suggested on by Emma, who is worried about her grandma's health evidently. It is true that I am not terribly active and I get no REGULAR exercise; so I took her recommendation to heart and got started. 

Here are the stats: Wednesday, I walked 1.4 miles; Thursday .87 miles; Friday 1.7; Saturday 1.9 and today 2.1 miles. These walks are just around the neighborhood, mostly without my camera (so that I will walk at a brisk pace and not stop every minute or two to take a photo).

Also, I found a really old pair of ear buds (the plug-in kind) and I have been listening to truly beautiful music as I walk, which makes the exercise far more tolerable in my opinion.

Since it was Sunday today, I decided to treat myself and take my camera along--just for the fun of it. I snapped a few pictures:


This "farm" is north on Chauncey. I've always loved walking by this place. In years past, they used to have a few cows and even a long-horned steer behind the fence leading up to the barn--but since COVID (I don't think COVID was the cause), they don't have livestock any more and have planted corn in this area instead. 
There are a bunch of "No Trespassing" signs everywhere, so I behaved myself and didn't venture beyond where I was allowed. It was easier to obey those signs when there was a long-horned steer out here ...
These flowers were growing all along Chauncey ... can you see the BEE on the flower below?
The woods is beautiful back in here ... all private property, naturally.



I'm going to try to continue walking as many days as the weather allows. It seems a few extra pounds have made their way back to me and I don't like how those pounds feel one bit! Hopefully, exercise will help.

No comments: