Saturday, August 6, 2022

August 4 Swimming and shopping

Thursday:  Kaity and I were invited to swim at Brenda's condo this afternoon ... so we DID! I didn't take a lot of time to take pictures there--just a few.

Kaity brought her "replaced" Blueberry beanie-boo along for the swim. We ended up playing monkey-in-the-middle with him. We also dove for lots of sinkable toys that Brenda brought for us to play with. Kaity won every game she played against me ... but not against Brenda! Brenda is an excellent swimmer. She is also a lifeguard over at MVP. She is a pretty amazing person and I am so thankful God gave her to me as a friend ... almost a dozen years ago now!
I love you, Brenda!
We spent a little over an hour swimming and then came to my house for our dinner. After that I asked Kaity to come with me to Aunt Candy's Toy Company to help pick out a toy for Kenzie's party next week. Kenzie is a close friend of Kaity's--she lives right next-door to her dad. Kaity loves going to a toy store (ME TOO) ... so away we went!

I didn't take any pictures of the toy store or how we looked and handled every item we could get our hands on! We did end up getting a very nice game for Kenzie to play--one of those puzzle solvers you can play by yourself, as well as TWO beanie-boos--one for Kaity to give for Kenzie, and one for me to give along with the puzzle.
And THEN, since it was such a gorgeous night and the dam was only a two minute walk from the toy store, we walked on down there to enjoy the sights.
I love the clouds, don't you? I can almost picture JESUS arriving on a cloud just like this, shouting for all of us who love Him to come and join Him in the everlasting ...




I love being with Kaity at places like this. She enjoys the outdoors so much and is a fun companion.

Such a beautiful spot!
We tried to find a stick to put down the dam, but folk around here keep this place SO picked-up and swept and clean ... we couldn't find a single stick! We had to settle for a bunch of leaves but they got totally drowned in the fall and we couldn't see them come out the other side. Pooh.
Once again ... SO THANKFUL for the privilege of being grandma to this dear person. I love you so much, Kaity.


No comments: