Monday, August 1, 2022

July 31 SUNSET

Sunday Evening:  Finally! We FINALLY drove out to the Lake tonight. This was Emma's suggestion and I surely was NOT going to say NO when I wanted to go so badly myself. I'm never quite sure from week to week what Emma is in the mood for--but neither one of us had been to the big Lake this season and as soon as she mentioned the desire to see the sunset, we put a plan in place! I knew it would be crowded anywhere on the coast on a weekend night--but it would be SO WORTH it just to drink in the breeze, the surf, the smells ...

I took over 100 photos--many of them VERY much alike--so this will probably be boring to look through. I'm posting these for my benefit, for future use--in case anything happens to my photo storage, etc. It's comforting to know that I can always access these photos via the internet. 

Don't you love how the sun is beaming down on the lighthouse? AH! I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Clouds make photographs so much more interesting, don't you think?

"Sing to the One who rides across the ancient heavens! His mighty voice thundering from the sky. Tell EVERYONE about God's power. His MAJESTY shines down .." (From Psalm 145)


There is only ONE dune that is close to the lighthouse, so I climbed it to get this picture ...

The colors were SO amazing last night!

Ah ... the infamous catwalk ... I will never forget THAT adventure, for sure (1972, January, stuck ON the catwalk--which used to have a wood floor--in a blinding snow storm).




I WILL proclaim HIS greatness to my dying day! What an awesome God we have.




My partner in crime, Emma, was busy snapping pictures with her very fancy lens. She does a good job with her photography. I am glad she enjoys it so much.








It was super crowded on the pier last night. In some of the pictures I took from the beach, I was able to "erase" the people (which is a very cool piece of technology!).

I love this lighthouse, this pier, this location SO MUCH. So many memories here.


We drove away from Grand Haven at about 9:50 pm. I figured we would easily be home by about 10:30 ... but I haven't driven home from here in the pitch dark in many long years ... SO ... we didn't get home until 11:00 due to a small error I made while navigating the I-96 entry. Oh well! Very thankful we made it home safely. I spent the next hour loading my camera onto my computer and doing a bit of editing. Pure happiness!
 

No comments: