Thursday, June 7, 2007

The End is in Sight

After many afternoons of working over at Nana's apartment, I think the end is finally in sight. A few afternoons next week ought to do it. We've taken each room and boxed up stuff for storage, boxed up things going to Roy's house, bagged up trash, and made a separate pile for garage sale material. But first we had to go through ALL OF THE BOOKS! We had to decide which ones Nana wanted with her, which ones she was giving away to the church, which ones she wanted to just throw away, which ones to store away, etc. She has A LOT of books! And did I mention china, hummels, crystal, glassware, plate collections, etc.? And shoes!

Did I say garage sale? Yes! The Joneses are going to participate in the Scott Creek neighborhood garage sale next summer (a first) -- and Nana has made sure we have plenty to sell or give away. You should see our garage! Mr.Jones and I had just started feeling good about getting the garage cleared out, and well, now it is rather full again!

Mom and I have gone through every cupboard, drawer, closet, and cabinet in her 1200 sq ft apartment. She has a lot of stuff, and it has been really fun to go through some of it together, especially the picture albums and old boxes of photos.

Today, we loaded up Roy's vehicle and my car and headed over to the southwest side of town to unload all of it in various places at their house. And then Roy took me on a backyard tour. It was a feast for my eyes. Mr. Cook is quite a gardener! Have a look for yourself!
Roy has quite a few beautiful birch trees


This is the vegetable garden Roy has planted . . .
I think this is the same birch tree, different angle!
Cookie, enjoying some shade . . .
To me, a tree is like a beautiful piece of music!
And birch trees are my very favorite . . .
Then God said,
"Let the land burst forth with every sort of grass
and seed-bearing plant.
And let there be trees that grow seed-bearing fruit.
The seeds will then produce the kinds of plants
and trees from which they came."
And so it was.
The land was filled with seed-bearing plants and trees,
and their seeds produced plants and trees of like kind.
AND GOD SAW THAT IS WAS GOOD. Genesis 1:11-12
Cookie says "Hi" to all of you!
Doesn't he look like a nice guy? HE IS!
P.S. Before I went to mom's apartment, I made a hospital visit to our friend Judy. This is for you family members who know Tom and Judy. One week ago, Judy started feeling very poorly, and as she has a number of health issues, went over to the ER to get some blood work done. She ended up being admitted with a blood clot in her liver (very rare). They put her on anti-coagulants, and she reacted to those (also rare) and now has a blood clot at the base of her spine as well (very painful). When I saw her this afternoon, she was unable to walk and looked very despondent. She told me the docs are confident these clots will resolve and she should be okay; but please remember to pray for her. A card would cheer her up -- I'd be glad to e-mail an address to you . . .

No comments: