Sunday, June 24, 2007

Love is . . .

Love is patient and kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
Love does not demand its own way.
Love is not irritable,
and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.
It is never glad about injustice
but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Love never gives up,
never loses faith,
is always hopeful,
and endures through every circumstance.
Love will last forever . . .
1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Me and Mr. Jones.
Married ten years. Love always wins.

P.S. I didn't arrive home from vacation with my sister until the night of our anniversary. Mr. Jones had been razzing me for weeks about "leaving him" on our 10th anniversary . . . but when I got home I found Mr. Jones had MADE ME AN ANNIVERSARY CARD! How sweet was that? On it was a picture of me and my sister loading up her jeep, leaving him all alone on our anniversary -- he prounced that "he still loved me" even though I had made plans that excluded him ... (in truth, Mr. Jones never remembers our anniversary without a lot of prodding and reminders from me -- so I figured he would hardly notice that I had made these "exclusive" plans). We did go out to celebrate our anniversary Wednesday evening and dined at the Red Lobster (my favorite seafood place) and had a real nice time together. Ten years is quite an accomplishment in a blended family such as ours ... only by the grace of God ... !

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

We have that figurine on our mantle! I love it! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! We love you both so much! Oh, and mom I love the new picture banner you have on the top of the blog, just perfect!

JonesChronicles said...

Hi Mom! I hope you had a wonderful trip up north--how good to get away for a while! I'm praying that this is an especially good year for you...such a big change with retiring and having all the grandkids far away. Loving you!