Friday, May 23, 2008

I've been making cards ...

It's been a wonderful week, all week long, in this first spring of my retirement ... other than the eye difficulty and all the trouble with the medication, the days have been amazingly beautiful and I have been 100% happy!


I've been passionately making cards the whole week long, each and every day! There is the tiniest possibility of a card ministry being started at church where they think they could maybe use my cards to encourage or welcome or thank folk ... so I had to get some samples together to show them. I have never had SO MUCH FUN!



It's just that I have so many photos ~ soaring sea gulls, tranquil sunsets, gorgeous flowers, amazing butterflies, and 13 different lighthouses ... and all of God's Word to look through and put with just the perfect picture! for just the right need! for the exact situation! Plus, I have thousands of pictures from Israel to illustrate tons of Bible truth ...
There is one problem, however. The card stock that I mount the pictures on and the matching envelopes I use come all the way from Austin, Texas ~ a bit inconvenient if I run out of a color since we only get down there twice per year. I've been researching card stock that is local, but can't find the nice colors in the right size with the great envelopes that I like ... I'll have to keep looking.



I think the very best part of this "card ministry" is that there is no view to marketing. Copyright laws are so confusing! Money always messes everything up anyway, don't you think? So I can just make cards to my heart's content and keep on creating and exploring and hopefully being a blessing to someone!



Other than working on cards all week, I have been back out in the yard digging away in the dirt -- IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE ...

3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Good for you! It is about time you used those cards! :)

Sabrina said...

well just have to figure out a way to ship more to you I guess! So exciting about the card ministry Mom!

Unknown said...

i'm so happy that you will get to share something you love this much - as a ministry to others. people will feel honored to receive them.