Thursday, May 1, 2008

winter is past ...

"My lover said to me, 'Rise up, my beloved,
my fair one, and come away.
For the winter is past,
and the rain is over and gone.
The flowers are springing up,
and the time of singing birds has come ...'"
SOLOMONS SONG 2:10-12 NLB

It was one of those days where I just couldn't stay inside ... everything outside was calling to me! I worked in the yard for awhile and then I took a brief ramble through the woods ...

... and I found these beautiful flowers popping up through layers of dead leaves and branches ...
New life was everywhere ... the renewal of plants and trees and flowers ... every leaf and pedal unique and perfectly formed ...

I was thinking about how faithful God is to His promise ~ "As long as the earth remains, there will be springtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night." GENESIS 8:22


" ... those who become Christians become new persons.
They are not the same anymore,
for the old life is gone.
A new life has begun!
All this newness of life is from God ..."
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17-18 NLB

6 comments:

Ruthanne said...

I loved this post, Carol!

Emily said...

ahhh, spring!

Anonymous said...

I just read your post from yesterday. The rain is not passed --- there is a downpour outside right now.

Unknown said...

thanks for the birthday card, aunt carol! i just received it yesterday - beautiful as always.

p.s. my dad always says that as long as you can remember the name alzheimer's, you don't have it. so you're still good. =)

Mom Jones said...

That's good to hear, Shelley ... but I have SERIOUS fears sometimes that I may be headed in that direction (Alzheimer's) ... I'll just practice saying that word every day in case your dad is correct :)

Sabrina said...

Love the post Mom! Beautiful pictures! That is one of my favorite parts of Songs of Solomon too. I forgot to tell you though earlier- thank you for the card you sent! It made my day!