Saturday, May 31, 2008

Good-bye, gorgeous May!

This is the last day of May! I don't want to let it go ~ it's been such a lovely month! Sometimes Mays in Michigan are extremely hot and humid. I don't remember one single day like that this year at all. It's been the most perfect spring!
I bet you wonder HOW I can post MORE pictures of flowers? Don't I ever get tired of them?! No, and I never ever will! I'm assuming you love them as well, so I'm sharing mine with you. Look at this cool flower. I have no idea what it is called. I love flowers, yes! But I don't claim to know anything at all about them. This flower has personality! It's just begging to show you how beautiful it is! Wednesday night, Dylan and I celebrated his birthday with Shane, and I snapped this picture right outside the apartment building.
And I love this yellow one, so elegant and stately she is! And her pedals are so soft. Yellow is almost my favorite color, not the bright yellows, but this buttery-colored yellow I find so subtle and charming. This flower pot sits on our front porch to welcome all who visit!
Mr. Jones and I have started walking more regularly. It's a struggle for us to maintain a routine of regular exercise, but it feels so great to be outdoors and we try to walk two miles most every day.
I took this picture of the house this morning. I intended to mow the lawn today, but this morning it was still so wet from yesterday's rain and then I totally forgot this afternoon! I love these hanging flower pots!Thomas K has loved this spring. We hardly ever see him! He never stays inside for very long at all. He is out all night long, comes in first thing in the morning for his cream, and then goes right back outside. He does take an inside nap about mid-morning, but after that, he only comes in to briefly eat ... doesn't he look happy in this picture?
These delicate white flowers are on one of our front bushes. I never get tired looking at them!
I planted wildflower seed today, along with black-eyed Susans, all along the back fence. The packets said these would attract butterflies! It's been a long time since I have planted any seeds at all. About six summer ago, Nicolas climbed the Grand Tetons and brought me back two cans of wildflower seeds from out west. I planted them and was just amazed at what grew! I have never seen such a variety of flowers ever ... they were stunning! While we were in Texas in April, I ended up with two packages of wildflowers from the Oil Ranch. But after reading the packets, I realized that these are supposed to be planted in the autumn and will then bloom next spring. I wonder if these guys only grow in the Texas climate ...
Mr. Jones planted his zinnia seeds along the south side of the garage again this year. He's also going to plant marigold seed next week. He has a real knack with growing both of these flowers. Last year, they grew amazingly well in this location. The colors were dazzling!
And our lilac bush is in full bloom now. This is the first day we have actually opened the windows of the house! It's been really windy all day, and the fragrance of lilacs is filling every corner of our house. Mmmmmmm ... delicious!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Those lilacs are beautiful! I can imagine the smell filling in all the rooms with it aroma! How fun. I can't wait to see your other beds come up.

I was bummed about the seeds we got too- can't plant them till autumn but remember they are annual- if they make it in the MI soil they will come back every year from what I understand.

Emily said...

I love the smell of lilacs.

Hey can you send the invitation to your other blog again? It's not working for me.