Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Priority Mail ...

A small but very important package was mailed to my house on May 7 ~ Priority Mail ~ and it FINALLY arrived this morning! It's a long story, but I really thought it must be lost somewhere between here and Austin ...
Sabrina is an artist ~ she does beautiful scrapbooks, makes cards and all kinds of other cool stuff. She made me some special things for Mother's Day and sent them last Wednesday. She was informed the package would arrive to me last Friday. She also sent a package to Nana and HERS arrived Friday, just as promised. I was over at Nana's Friday and saw what Sabrina had made for her for Mother's Day ~ just beautiful! Nana was so pleased! But when I got home from Nana's Friday, there was no package for ME! When I talked to Sabrina on the phone on Mother's Day, I told her how much Nana enjoyed her gift and then Sabrina asked me how I liked mine ...
... it was then that we figured out that Priority Mail doesn't always deliver when it says it will! When the package still hadn't arrived yesterday, both of us gave it up for lost and I felt terribly for Sabrina. I know some of the creative energy that goes into making cards and how personal it is, and how protective I am of what I make, etc. A few weeks ago, I made my niece a birthday card but put a totally incorrect address on the envelope and it returned to me long after her birthday ~ I felt so sad that she hadn't received it for her special day!
Having said all of that, I am delighted with the beautiful book and card and gift that Sabrina made for me ... and the hand cards from the kids are great too ... thanks so much!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

This just made my day! I am so glad that it finally arrived and isn't lost somewhere between us anymore!!!! Yeah! So glad that you got it to enjoy! Thanks for posting to let me know mom! Love ya tons!

Mom Jones said...

Could you e-mail that picture of Karis in her Easter dress ... the one you put in the book right across from her pigtail picture? Thanks, Sabrina!