Saturday, May 17, 2008

A very long-distance birthday ...

I love this picture of Jesse. It was August 1st and he was dropping Mr. Jones and I off at the airport in El Paso as we headed back home after our weekend visit with he and the family. Jesse got checked through security and stayed with us until it was time to board our plane. We had the nicest time talking together, hugging, and saying our good-byes. He was very kind and so patient with my tears! I haven't seen him since then, but I have nice memories of that day.

So, Jesse, if you have access to the internet today and are checking blogs, here is a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY for you! I'm thinking it must be very weird to be 8,000 miles away from everyone and having it be your birthday ... but it is a very special day today and always will be for me because you were born ... and you are very precious to me!

I've added your "Superman" song to my playlist and bumped it to first place today in honor of your birthday. You have always been a lover of good music and this is a good song!

I am trusting in the LORD, the One who made you, to take care of you, soldier-boy, and am daily praying for you!

"To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
I trust in you, my God!
Do not let us be disgraced,
or let our enemies rejoice in our defeat.
Show us the path where we should walk, O LORD;
point out the right road for us to follow.
Lead us by your truth and teach us,
for you are the God who saves us.
All day long we put our hope in you.
Remember, O LORD, your unfailing love and compassion,
which you have shown from long ages past.
Forgive the rebellious sins of our youth;
look instead through the eyes of your unfailing love,
for you are merciful, O LORD.
The LORD is good and does what is right;
He shows the proper path to those who go astray.
He leads the humble in what is right,
teaching them His way.
The LORD leads with unfailing love
and faithfulness all those who
keep his covenant and obey his decrees ..."
PSALM 25:1-10

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday Jesse! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jesse.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Jesse!

~Adam & Emily