Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oh, what a beautiful morning!

Late yesterday Mr. Jones and I came to the end of our ten pounds of strawberries we picked last week, so we drove back out to Krupp Farms this morning to do some more picking. The ten-minute drive to this place is just unbelievably pretty ... so far from city noise, and concrete, endless parking lots, and traffic ...The horses are not always outside, but they were this morning ~ I was so glad! And I absolutely love barns ... not perfectly painted ones, but barns that are a bit older and in need of paint actually. In my youth (oh, so many years ago), I used to carry a sketch pad and markers with me in the car ... just in case I spotted a beautiful barn. I would pull over to the side of the road and sketch it real quick!

The strawberries were really really ripe today, not quite as big as last week, but we are hoping they are even sweeter ... I just love their color!
We picked eleven pounds of strawberries this morning, and it really only took us 20 minutes! I bet you are wondering what we are going to do with eleven pounds of strawberries! You would think we would make preserves and all kinds of goodies out of them; but no, we just eat them!
Mr. Jones made some tasty waffles last week and we topped them with strawberries and whipped cream ~ YUM! Aren't these just gorgeous horses? I could watch them forever! I took about a hundred pictures of them last week!
"Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see ~ kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him. He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together." Colossians 1:16-17 NLT

What an amazing God we have! He made it all. What an imagination! What tremendous power! If the earth is this beautiful, I can't wait to see heaven ~ where blossoms will not fade, floods will not destroy, where there is no darkness, no sadness, no tears, no more sin and death ... just His awesome glory. Driving out to the farm this morning, breathing in the clean fresh air, I caught just the tiniest glimpse of it!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wow that is a lot of strawberries! Good thing you'll have three grandkids "home" soon to help you eat them all up! Emma still loves her fruits right?

I called earlier about the webcam set-up- did Dad check it out yet?

Mom Jones said...

Hi Sabrina ~ Your dad was in the process of checking out SKYPE when a very sudden severe storm came up. We both had to shut our computers down very quickly! He says he will get back to it in a little bit ... but radar shows two more systems headed our way in the next hour!

And yes, the Pahman grandchildren all seem to enjoy fruit; so hopefully they will like these strawberries ... we can always pick more when they are here. Hopefully next Wednesday will NOT be stormy like today! I would not want them to have to mess around with flying through storms!

Thursday said...

You ate 10 pounds of strawberries in a week? Wow! I'm impressed!

Mom Jones said...

Yes, Suz! Except it was Mr. Jones, Dylan and myself who consumed all of the strawberries. We put them in our cereal, made lovely fruit salads, topped our ice cream with them, and generally ate them like candy all week long! Yummy!

P.S. I have lost almost 20 pounds since Christmas ~ so fruit is a good thing!