Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some pictures from Friday ...

After a decent night's sleep Thursday night, we decided to take a refreshing morning walk on Friday. I wanted to show the children all of the gorgeous flowers we have in our neighborhood, as well as this pretty private drive ... Emma is showing me her beautiful candy bracelet in this picture.Even though everyone had slept pretty good, the kids were still kind of tired ... they've had quite a whirlwind week here in Michigan! Grandpa Jones and I coaxed them along, and we found beauty all along the way to talk about ...


















The kids were delighted in all of the beautiful colors and shapes of these blossoms and wanted to pick some to take home! Oh-oh! Thankfully, there were dandelions and daisies growing here and there ~ enough to keep the kids happy in their picking ...When we got home, we put all of the pretty little flowers in a glass and placed it on our table to decorate it for lunch ... however, I neglected to take a picture of it and now the flowers are rather dead!We got the bubbles out again for some backyard play. Chris and Emma both mastered how to make some pretty HUGE bubbles!
Christopher was very proud of his efforts and the rainbow of colors he could produce if he was patient and moved slowly with his bubble wand ...
My bubble wands are getting old and worn out ~ I used to have three of them, but one of my dollar store wands broke the other day, so we're down to two. Matthew was okay with using the pretty cool wands that came with the bottle of bubbles. The kids ran around the yard making and chasing bubbles for quite a long time!But then, before we knew it, it was time for lunch! These Pahman grand-kiddos are incredibly good eaters. They like sweets and junk food just as much as any other children, but they still manage to eat very healthy during meal times!
After lunch, I got out a bunch of art supplies and we just sat around making pictures. I have some train stencils, so I traced out a bunch of different train cars for the kids to color. I also got out my Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Animals and we (mostly Emma and I) learned how to draw an owl, a spider (ick!), a bird, the face of a lion, and a bat. But I completely failed to take any photographs of our finished pictures! We're going to have to take this book outside next week with our sidewalk chalk and draw a bunch of neat animals all over our driveway.
Emma was able to do her Care Bear puzzle (from Karen) all by herself! And then Christopher took it all apart and showed me that he could do it too!
This is Christopher's train all colored in with browns and greens ... he said it was going real fast through mud and grass!
And this is Emma's ... she got distracted with drawing trees in the background and then decided that was just enough coloring for now! Diana picked the children up later in the afternoon and they all went to a friend's house for dinner and a playtime. They came back to the Jones Junction later in the evening for bedtime. We didn't sleep as well Friday night, but we did okay I think based on how tired all of us were! I've got a whole bunch of pictures to show you from Saturday ... if I EVER get them edited! My computer is so full of pictures right now that haven't been backed up (I really really need to do that!) that it is slowing all of my programs way down. I'll make the effort tonight and see if I can get it accomplished ... stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.