Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tuesday at the playground

Tuesday was another beautiful summer day, so we took the kids to the playground ~ the one right at 8 Mile and Alpine ~ the one we used to take them to when they lived just a mile away. It was about 10:30 in the morning when we arrived, and the playground was FULL of kids!
Emma was showing us she could slide down the slide like Superman, but Grandpa Jones had other plans ... see him grabbing her foot?
Matthew thought about trying the Superman thing, but changed his mind mid-way down the slide ... I missed that picture, but it was pretty funny to see him practically do a flip and end up sitting to slide rather than to go down on his little belly ... I think he was afraid Grandpa Jones was going to sneak up on him and grab his leg!
Christopher was unable to escape Grandpa Joneses clutches!
There is a really nice, huge sand area adjacent to the playground equipment. We brought a whole bag of our outside trucks and toys to dig with ...
Emma worked very hard and built a nice sand castle, without any help at all from me!
Matthew played with diggers and dump trucks and really enjoyed himself in the sand.
At one point in the morning, about a half dozen other little kids noticed there were toys in the sand area and came over to play. We had a lot of shovels and pails and quite a few trucks, so we shared what we had! It was fun to meet other children and watch them all play together. It wasn't easy to share, but everyone managed ... until ANOTHER half dozen little kids wandered over to see what all the fun was about! We ran out of toys! It was getting rather hot in the sand, so I packed up the toys and we went back to playing on the playground.
Chris and Ems did pretty good on this see-saw. Grandpa was instructing them how to lean back and go up and down ...
I brought a little cooler with some freeze pops inside. We sat in the picnic area and got refreshed for a little while.

The kids played really hard. They love to climb and slide and swing and jump ... such energy! We went home, had a yummy lunch, played for another hour or two, and then Diana and Grandma Hand came to pick the kids up. They are coming back Thursday! Hopefully, it will be another lovely day ~ I have everything ready to have fun with our water table and kiddie pool, squirt guns and sprinkler ... I'll show you pictures when I have time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to read your blog and hear of the great fun you are having while your little blessings are here for a visit. God really treated us with the gift of being able to be grandparents. How marvelous are HIS works. Love you!

loisgroat said...

Dear Carol Jean,
You left this link on my computer after showing my parents your pictures, and I am loving reading about your happy times with your grandkids. We love Krupps, and picked 30 pounds of strawberries there this year. We will miss you at the family reunion, but I understand that you wouldn't want to give up this precious time with your grandchildren for anything!
Cousin Lois

Mom Jones said...

Hi Pam! How kind of you to leave me a comment! I've been too busy with the kids to check my blog the past few days, but it was so nice to hear from you! :)

Hi Lois! It was so nice to find a comment from you on my little blog! I've been away from it the last few days ...

I very much wanted to attend the family reunion ~ bad timing, though, with my grandchildren being in town. Hopefully, there will be another reunion next year. I would love to see all of our cousins and just talk and talk and talk! :)

I have been sharing Joel's prayer requests with my adult small group at church. We have been praying for him while he is in Panama City!