Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A quiet kind of Tuesday ...

Christopher was the first to go to sleep Monday night, and he was the first to wake up Tuesday morning ~ that only seems fair!
Chris and I had a whole hour to ourselves to play Legos before Emma woke up at 8:30. It's amazing to me to watch this VERY rough little boy, play so quietly and carefully with these Legos. He really loves them!
Matthew woke up in a very silly mood and decided to try on some of my hats ... just to see how he looked.
Later in the morning, Emma and I made a bunch of cool animals out on our driveway, using Ed Emberley's book about drawing animals. We made a few pigs, some shark, a whale, some monkeys, and even an ape!
After lunch, Grandpa Jones and I took the kids over to Grand Rapids Township Park to play on the really nice playground over there ... I bet you are thinking: "ANOTHER playground?!!"
We are blessed to have a lot of playgrounds in our area ~ all of them just a little different from each other ~ and I just think it's good for kids to run and play and climb and explore ... as much as possible!
Grandpa Jones kept sneaking up behind the slide and scaring the kids as they came down!
Christopher kept coming back for more and more!
Christopher was very proud to have climbed up this big tire all by himself. I told him he must be very strong, and so here he is showing me his muscles.
And then we returned the kiddos to their mom and other grandparents for the rest of the day! Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, we hope to take everyone over to the Meijer Children's Garden, eat a picnic lunch, and then get some ice cream over at Jersey Junction! We only have one more week of the Pahman grandchildren being in Grand Rapids. Nana and Grandpa Roy plan to come over tomorrow afternoon to see everyone. I'll show you those pictures in a couple of days.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'm loving all the pictures you've been taking of the kids and their visit. So happy for you to be have so much fun with them!

Emily said...

We had a very lovely July 22nd date on Tuesday.

Mom Jones said...

Hi Emily and Adam! I'm glad your anniversary was nice! Sorry about completely forgetting it! :(