Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Early morning around Reed's Lake ...

"If we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other ...
... and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from sin." I John 1:7 NLT

I have always loved this verse ~ especially the phrase, "the light of God's presence ... " I try to imagine (and it is both exhilerating and terrifying!) what it would be like to stand face to face with God ~ no more sadness, darkness, evil, pretense, ignorance, heartbreak ... and one day all of us who know Him will experience firsthand His amazing LIGHT! But today, this very moment in fact, I can live "in the light of God's presence" and when I do, I have an immediate friendship and great companionship with anyone else who is also "walking in the light!"

That's what it's like with my dear sister; as well as my sweet friend, Karen, who invited me to take a hike around Reed's Lake this morning ... oh my! We had such a great time. Such amazing beauty ... everywhere!
I couldn't decide if I loved best the subtle beauty of the swamps and marshes (look at those gorgeous colors!) ...
or all of the delightful wildflowers we saw like Queen Anne's lace that was everywhere ... doesn't it remind you of a summer snowflake?
And the magnificent gardens in every yard ... these folk are SERIOUS gardeners!
We saw beautiful crimson berries (I had my camera on the WRONG setting ... they were far prettier than what this picture shows) ...
Karen and I walked and talked and just shared our lives ... family news ... love of our children and grandchildren ... hopes, dreams, fears ... reminding each other of God's faithfulness, sharing His wonderful words ... that's what I love about this kind of friendship ~ transparency and honesty, confession and praise ~ all because of our great and awesome God!
"Praise the LORD!
I will thank the LORD with all my heart
as I meet with his godly people.
How amazing are the deeds of the LORD!
All who delight in him should ponder them.
Everything he does reveals his glory and his majesty.
His righteousness never fails.
Who can forget the wonders he performs?
How great and merciful is our LORD!"
PSALM 111:1-4 NLT

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

What a fun morning at Reed's Lake. I am so glad that you and Karen had a great time together this morning. Thank you for the reminder of living "in the light of God's presence". Love you Mom!