Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our Emma Joy turned six today ...

Six years ago today (at 2:15 pm, Eastern Standard time) Emma Joy was born into this world. I was at the hospital, there in the room when she was born, holding on to Grandma Hand ... and all of us were crying!

Grandpa Jones and I traveled to Texas in the spring to visit all of the grandchildren. Here are just a few of the pictures we took of Emma while we were there ...


I love that little series of photos because Emma didn't know I was taking any pictures at all until the last one when she looked up and caught me in the act...

The picture above was taken in the little Toy Train museum we took the kids to in New Mexico.

Here she is at White Sands ... I love that smile of hers!
And at the El Paso Zoo ... watching the turtles at the pond ...
At one of the many playgrounds ... I think this is the one right on base ...
Back at White Sands ...

Grandpa Jones took the picture of me taking THIS picture of Emma (above) ... and then most of the following pictures are from when Emma (and family) came to Michigan this past July ...
Isn't she such a love?




These are the gifts Grandpa and I sent down for her birthday. Emma loves pigs ... hence the piggy backpack. I put a bunch of stuff inside of it for school and for fun. And the wooden princess doll is a Melissa and Doug toy that will have a lot of play value for her too. I hope she likes her presents!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EMMA JOY! I love her sparkle and her happiness. She is soft and sweet. She is a young artist. I love to sit down beside her and have a conversation. I love to read to her. I love to sing her songs and then listen as she sings songs to me. I love to cuddle up next to her and whisper words of love.
I Will be There by Randy Stonehill
I was there on the day you were born, just like I am now here beside you.
And when you cried your first tear, I was close by to hear.
I'll always be there for you.
Chorus
I will be there for you ~ staying in prayer for you.
And with God's grace, your heart can embrace
that I'll always be there ... yes, I'll be there ~
I'll be there for you.

This little song by Randy Stonehill is on that lullaby CD I played at nighttime when the children slept over at my house back in July. There are more verses, but I like this one best because it's true! I was there when she was born, and I heard her very first tears ... I play this CD now and pray for all of my grandchildren ~ but this song is especially for Emma. I talked to her on the phone just a few hours ago. Her birthday party should be happening in a few minutes ... how I wish I could be in El Paso right now ... my heart is! So until October when Grandpa Jones and I return to Texas, I will stay in prayer for her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAppy Birthday Emma.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Emma!

~Uncle Adam & Aunt Emily

Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday Emma! We love you very much!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol: Great birthday tribute to
Emma Joy. We wish we could be there
too. However, it was so great to
have her and her mommy and brothers
here this summer. What a wild and
crazy and wonderful time.