Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sailing the stress away ...

Every single year, our small group at Calvary is invited out to Muskegon to go sailing on a beautiful 42' sailboat called John 3:3. The owners are part of our LOGOS group at Calvary Church. This year, we were invited out on August 24. I decided to treat this as an extended birthday present ... because it was such a GIFT. 
I put this verse from Psalm 142 on this picture because I have oftentimes treated Lake Michigan as my refuge place, the place where I can go and forget the stresses and sadness of life; and while that's not bad in itself, my TRUE place of REFUGE is the LORD God and His unfailing love. The above picture was taken late on our voyage, after we had turned around and the sun was lower in the sky making it easier to get a nice clear picture ...
John 3:3 NIV
"I tell you the truth, no one can see the
kingdom of God unless he is born again."

This is Muskegon Lake

Muskegon Lake
There were SO MANY sailboats!

Steve listening to Kim (boat owner)
explaining ???
I love the ride through Muskegon Lake, up the channel, and then out into the open waters of Lake Michigan. We were fortunate to actually be in the channel at the same time as The Lake Express! 



The Lake Express goes to Milwaukee
and back several times per day during the summer

I LOVE this coast guard building so much!

 The weather was picture-perfect for sailing! I took over 500 photographs in less than 3 hours! 

I love the BLUE water, the rocks, lighthouses, seagulls, the waves ... 
This is Tim, the owner of John 3:3



Kim, wife of TIm
owners of John 3:3

This is Sir Nigel (!) and his wife, Gayla
Nigel teaches our LOGOS class

This is my friend, Karen!

Happiness, JOY at being out
on Lake Michigan!




This little lighthouse is one of my favorites ...
she is just SO perfect I think!

Coming back into the marina ...


I also got to spend three wonderful hours with my dear friend, Gail, who lives one block off Lake Michigan, within walking distance of ... all this beauty! So thankful for time with her last Saturday.

No comments: