Monday, March 24, 2014

A struggling sort of weekend (!) ...

It's Monday night as I'm writing this blogpost looking back over this past weekend. I have been unusually exhausted the last few days … perhaps it's just the LONG wait for warmer weather, or access to outdoor activities ~ but I find myself struggling a little bit … I know the grandkids are too!
I snapped a few pictures of the kids painting our Bible lesson on "The Triumphal Entry", or in other words, Palm Sunday. Why did I do this lesson now when it is still a few weeks away from the actual date? Because! There is so much to teach the children when it comes to the whole Easter story, and especially the last week in the life of Jesus … I have so much to tell them about! It's such a great story, isn't it?

I brought out my scrapbooks from Israel and showed the children the "Hosannah Road" that I walked on, and I showed them the Mt. of Olives, and we talked and talked about how Jesus wept as he rode into Jerusalem on that little donkey ... 

We also did a LOT of other reading this weekend. I got quite a few fun book titles this week at the library. We read all kinds of "twisted" fairy tales, which were real enjoyable and cracked us up.
I checked "Tangled" out of the library as well … so THAT was our Friday night movie. We had only seen it once before, and we really enjoyed watching it again. 
Saturday, we did all of our usual indoor stuff with artwork, cars, reading, playing games … but we SO badly wanted to just be outside at a park or playground!

Grandpa Pahman invited us over to his apartment later in the day, so we brought pizzas over and visited with him for a little while.
The children were glad to visit with their
Mitzie cat … Grandpa Pahman has been taking care of her . . .
 Christopher talked sports with his grandpa for awhile, and the kiddos played with his guitar and looked at his massive library of wonderful books ...


But then our weekend was over once again before we knew it. We are very much looking forward to warmer weather that will free us up (hopefully) to be outside where we can explore and play and have a little more variety in our time together! 

2 comments:

Judy Hand said...

Great pictures. It was that kind of week around here last week too. In Michigan one can get worn out from the change of seasons, espcially, all in one day. I know they look forward to their visits with you, Carol. Thank you.

Mom Jones said...

Won't it be wonderful when it is warm again Judy? … and we can do more outside activities?! I think the kiddos are really tired of being couped up! Me too!

I don't know what any of them would have done, however, without you and Larry. It is YOU guys that deserve the thanks, a thousand times over!