Sunday, March 9, 2014

Our usual "stuff" minus Emma ...

I received word that Emma was sick Thursday and had to miss school … and she didn't really improve until late in the day Saturday. So we had to do our weekend without her! It was hard to do!

I had picked up a game last week that I grew up playing … RACKO … and I taught the boys how to play. We played a couple of rounds and enjoyed ourselves. 
I had a new LEGO magazine that Christopher got into; so did Matthew, and we ended up ordering Matthew's birthday present from this very catalog on Saturday. 

Our Bible story this weekend was about Joshua and Jericho. We already knew a lot about this story, but we reviewed it and talked about it anyway ~ mostly about the unusual ways God chooses to bring victory over enemies, and how He does that in our lives too.

We watched the movie, "White Lion" Friday night. It was VERY good … but we missed Emma during the movie, and especially at bedtime. It just didn't seem right settling down for the night without her! Christopher was especially lonely for her … ME TOO!
Matthew did a LOT of piano playing this weekend ~ he really enjoys it. 

Both of the boys continued making sketches, stories, and books all weekend. Chris was invited to a schoolmate's birthday party Saturday afternoon, so I agreed to have the boys back early so that Chris could get ready for the party. 

I got to visit a tiny bit with little Kaity-girl when I dropped the boys off. She is getting far more friendly with me now (whew!), and seems to enjoy seeing my face and hearing my voice. She has quite an outgoing personality!

I had made a little heart card for Emma … one of our origami hearts that you can hide secret messages inside. So I put a secret message inside and two sticks of peppermint gum to cheer our sick Emma Joy. 
We missed you this weekend, sweetie. Sure hope you continue to feel better.

No comments: