Sunday, June 8, 2014

A few (!) weekend pictures

I have a bunch of pictures from this weekend to show you! First of all, I'll tell you about our Bible story this week. We studied the healing of the lame man by the Beautiful Gate in Jerusalem … we had such a beautiful time studying this story. Perhaps it was I who had the beautiful time studying it all week long!
There were not many color pages on-line to choose about this great story, so all three of the kiddos colored the same picture ~ very differently, though! I had gotten some new paint markers that the children really enjoyed using. We learned so much from just reading the account of what happened in Acts about how this poor man was born lame, how Peter and John had no money to give him, but how in the Name of Jesus he was immediately healed, got up jumping and leaping all over the place to praise God! 
I was able to show the children pictures of this beautiful gate, the Eastern Gate, known today as The Golden Gate where the mighty presence of God entered so long ago to fill the temple that Solomon had built for Him. We talked about what it meant to be healed in "the name of Jesus Christ from Nazareth" … what a wonderful Name our Savior has!  
And we talked about how this poor man was born lame, how all of us were born in sin, how sin cripples our lives ~ and how only Jesus can heal us, set us free, and give us new life. We just had a wonderful time with this beautiful story!

We've also been continuing to read our Narnia series. We are 3/4 through reading "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" after beginning the series with "The Magician's Nephew." I'm telling you, the kiddos are eating this series up like it's milk chocolate! They are SO completely into the stories! I'm so thrilled to read this excellent series to them. We are learning so much about God's love and mercy, His fierce anger, His amazing grace through these stories.

We also watched an interesting movie Friday night: "Hugo." It was quite long, and I was exhausted, but it was a good story for the kiddos. I liked it too.
Saturday morning the boys got out their football cards and were lining them up all over my lighthouse rug … they love these football cards so much. 
Emma was in the toy room engineering a roadway from the top of the dresser where the LEGOS have been put together into models. She decided to use the Matchbox track and try a few cars to see if there were any that the LEGO guys would fit into and actually stay inside as they were racing down the track. 

She brought me back here to show me the whole set-up, and then we tried various vehicles to see if any would actually work … and then we picked our best ones and did a few races. 
Late Saturday afternoon (following our adventure time … chronicled in a different post), we drove over to the playground that is outside the zoo so that we could run and play for the last hour before returning home.

The boys were seeing how high they could swing and then kick off their sandals …  
This is Nessie, who won 6th place as an entry in the 2009 Art Prize. She now resides in the pond at the John Ball Zoo … surrounded by many ducks and geese.


Some of these pictures are out of order … but I'm too tired to care! I really like Matthew's faces as he is showing me how high he can swing. He sure enjoys himself at a playground.
I love these pictures of Emma Joy. She has such a delicate beauty. What's more, she is even more beautiful on the inside than she is on the outside. I love her so much. 
I'm going to have to frame the above picture. She looks like an angel in this picture, doesn't she? 


Lots of these are kind of random pictures, but it's the best I can do for now! We had a very full weekend. I'm so thankful for the time I can spend with these beautiful grandchildren.

No comments: