Monday, June 30, 2014

At the beach today with Brendan ...

It's been warm but super muggy the last few days. Today, since I had the day off work AND it was actually NOT raining, I decided to drive out to the beach ~ my first beach visit in almost 10 months!
I got to take Brendan with me! 
And anywhere I go with Brendan is FULL of joy and happiness … and delightful things! 
We played a bunch in the sand ... 
It was a high wave day and swimming warnings were posted … so we didn't venture in the water farther than our tippy toes ... 

I did get in the water, up to my ankles, to see just how far Brendan would dare to follow ... 
As he watched the waves slam into the shore, Brendan wasn't too sure about this ... 
About five seconds after the above picture, a big wave came right up and swept Brendan off his feet … plop! That was it … he hightailed it back to the sand to play.
There was a really great playground further up the beach, right next to the parking lot, so after a little more sand play, we headed on over to enjoy it.
Brendan is really something on a playground! He just has so much fun! 
 I love watching him explore, try new things, push his own limits, and play.
I pushed him pretty high on the swings today … and he just loved it!

When it was time to leave, I asked Brendan if he wanted a burger and some fries. He replied, "Ice Cream!" 

So … I got him some ice cream PLUS a burger and fries. He ate his ice cream first … THEN his fries, sipped on my iced tea, and finally decided against the burger ~ which was just fine. He was so tired out by then, he nearly fell asleep while I was strapping him into his car seat and he slept all the way back to Grand Rapids. Thanks for sharing this afternoon with me, Little Fellow!

No comments: