Thursday, December 11, 2014

A few hours with Little Fellow ...

I had yesterday off from work, so I invited Kelly and Brendan to come on over to The Beach House to play for awhile. However, on their way over to my house, they had a very major problem with their car. It completely quit! Thankfully, they were on the off-ramp leading up to the Beltline and NOT smack dab in the middle of the highway when this happened. So, Kelly called a wrecker and I picked them up and we followed the tow-truck over to the car place ...

So sad too because they had only recently purchased this Aztec vehicle and were hoping it would last a little longer than what it did! It turns out that whatever is ailing this car will take more to fix than it is worth …  
 But for Little Fellow, all he knew was that their car was "stuck" and that Grandma Carol was coming to the rescue! Yay! We had to wait in my car for a little while until Kelly had finished up with the car, so we played with my little sheep (Sarah) and had her bounce, swing, and twirl on her fancy chain (that Emma made me). Brendan really really likes it when grown-ups animate objects for him.
It had been way too many weeks since Brendan had been out to my house! AND it was nicely decorated for Christmas too … we had such a fun time looking at all of the pretty treasures! Brendan is just the perfect age to play with my Fisher Price nativity set. He really loved looking at baby Jesus, his mama Mary, and pushing the little angel to make the music play.

 However, I think Brendan's favorite was the lighthouse that Sabrina gave to me so many years ago now. It is my favorite too. Brendan was so delighted with the little seagulls and the rotating light ...
 And naturally, because Brendan is a cause-and-effect kind of little soul, he turned the light on and off, on and off, on and off … hundreds of times.

Brendan likes my candle lighthouse too, but it's not so much fun to play with … all you can do is light the match one time !!  There is NO on and off switch. 
 Brendan turned every on and off switch his chubby hands could find!
 We talked about my nativity calendar for awhile and we put baby Jesus up in his manger … 
 And we enjoyed a very good and healthy lunch together, although I got this picture just as Brendan was finishing his very last bite!
Brendan went all over The Beach House and enjoyed every single room in my tiny abode! 
He loves my lantern light ... 
 I had been playing WCSG because they are in 100% Christmas Carol mode and "Jingle Bells" came on. I handed Brendan my jingle bells and he … played and played and played!



 He was so delighted!

 I love this little person so much … look at his winsome little face … I could eat him up!


No comments: