Friday, December 26, 2014

"O Holy Night" Christmas card 2014

I love Christmas carols, don't you? I play them all throughout the year … not every day or every week even … but when I need to remember the WONDER of His coming …

I love making greeting cards and have been designing them for many years. My dream job would be work at a beautiful card company, creating card ideas, graphics, photographs and combining them with Scripture all day long!

This is the card I designed this year and sent out to over 70 friends and family. It was printed at a digital printing place over on Northland Drive, PhotoEvo. They do a wonderful job. This card was printed on their "pearl" card stock, a lovely silvery sparkly paper … the result was quite nice!

FRONT:
 INSIDE:

TOP INSIDE FLAP:
 BACK
I first heard (or really listened to) the lyrics of this beautiful song one Chistmas Eve, sitting in the pew at Gratiot Avenue Baptist Church (Detroit, Michigan). I was about 13 years old, and we were attending our annual choir Christmas Eve cantata, which I really loved and looked forward to each year. The soloist (Barb Jones) sang each word clearly … when I heard that phrase, " … long lay the world in sin and error pining, 'til He appeared and the soul felt its worth … " my heart was so touched and moved that He would consider me worth the sacrifice--I had never considered myself of any worth whatsoever before then. But … Christ did come … and embracing His love has made all of the difference in this heartbreaking/heartbroken world … MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PS  The top two photographs were taken during our November 2014 winter storm that dumped 18+ inches of snow on us! The bottom picture was from several years ago, same location … our favorite little summertime haunt where we catch crayfish ...

No comments: