Friday, December 26, 2014

A few (!!) photos from Christmas day ...

I met Dylan, Kelly, and Brendan over at Holy Trinity at 10:00 Christmas morning to worship with them. I got to hold my chunky, wiggly, adorable Little Fellow during most of the service … he cuddled, and he snuggled, wiggled and giggled for nearly two hours … it was WONDERFUL. When the service was over we went into their reception hall and had some cake with yummy frosting (!) and then Brendan said, "Ready, Grandma Carol? Car? Now?" So … we did just that. Brendan was telling me all about his train table as we drove to their house--he was SO excited to show me!
Look at that expression on his face! Priceless. Dylan and Kelly found this beautiful little train table at a true bargain price ($40). Brendan will play with it for years. He is SO delighted with it. 
I wrapped Brendan's packages (3) together as pretty as could be ... 
I got him "The Polar Express" DVD … "Train movie, grandma!!" He was so sweet when he saw it! 

And I also got him the book, "The Polar Express" and it came with a CD with Liam Neeson reading the book, as well as a little ornament of the conductor calling out, "All Aboard!" 
 I loved how Brendan carefully looked at the book … for a very long time … each picture a treasure to him.


I also got him some fake food for his kitchen … but those pictures were all blurry. The gift his little heart adored most of all yesterday was the one from his folks. An almost REAL working Thomas the Train lighthouse! 

He is CRAZY about it! 

 The light really works, and a little bell rings, a foghorn sounds, and you can hear seagulls (I LOVE those sounds!) … it's practically like being right on the beach!
 Our dear Little Fellow checked out this lighthouse … for a very long time. He was enraptured! Look for yourself and see him little adoring face ...










Dylan and Kelly got me a great sign for my house: "Life is Better at the Beach" but I forgot to take a picture of it -- it is already hanging right by my front door. AND they also gave me a beautiful pair of earrings! 

I was a "traveling grandma" on Christmas day, so I left Dylan and Kelly's house and drove 12 minutes down the road to my mom's house and enjoyed lunch with her. We actually ate Chinese from my favorite downtown Asian restaurant that I had purchased the day before and slowly re-heated it in her microwave. I made a nice salad to go with it and we truly enjoyed eating it. We got to FaceTime with my brother David and his entire family (26 of them), as well as my sister Ruthanne, Terry, Shelley, Bob, and the boys! And then we watched "Heidi," the old version with Shirley Temple (because I knew my mom would love it, and me too). 

By about 5:30, I drove over to Jesse and Diana's place -- both of them were pretty sick, as had the kiddos been all week. So I did not take many pictures over there. No one was really in a photogenic sort of way. I did snap just a few pictures of Kaity-girl opening her presents from me: a laptop magnetic art board, a Melissa & Doug puzzle, and a nice sturdy book with little mirrors in it. 
 Kaity liked her gifts very much ...

The older children appreciated their gift bags of goodies, as well as the baked goods. Emma made me a very pretty woven "pocket" out of her loom set (very impressive, since she did not have a pattern), and Christopher got me a dolphin wind chime to hang at The Beach House! 

No comments: