Sunday, December 7, 2014

What else we did this weekend ...

I picked the grandchildren up on my way home from work Friday. I had prepared a taco dinner the night before; so it was a very simple matter of just getting everything out and re-heating the meat, etc. We enjoyed a very nice meal together! The kiddos and I did a bunch of stuff around the house Friday night--our usual routine of playing games, chatting together about our week, doing art projects, and things like that. We always watch a movie before we go to bed, and this week the kids all wanted to see "Home Alone" … so we did, and laughed and laughed! Amazingly, they were soundly sleeping by 11:20 pm … a new record!
Saturday we played more of our new game, "Apples to Apples." This is such a good game for these kiddos! First of all, it really doesn't matter who wins because it's just so much fun to play it! And it also is really good for kids who struggle with reading because this entire game is WORDS. What has been so great is that it has shown these kiddos that words can really be FUN!
 I love Chris's laughter (above) ...
 And Matthew anticipating the next card he will play ...
 And Emma mixing all of the cards up on the table so that no one knows who placed what card WHERE!

Christopher had been invited to a friend's birthday party, so we drove him over to the party and came back to my Beach House … we had stuff to do! 
 Emma helped me put the lights on my tree … she was so pleased to help me! Thank you, Emma!
And Matthew was extremely happy folding Origami animals … and stars … and hearts ... 
Matthew did this for a LONG TIME! 
 Using the Photo Booth feature on my laptop, Emma made a movie of our Bible story about the storm Paul was in and the shipwreck and the island of Malta … she did the whole story!

I have concluded that … there is nothing that brings me more happiness than spending time with my grandchildren. I truly believe that this is why I am still here on earth! God has given me the wonderful privilege of loving these children, doing my best to teach them the marvelous stories from the Bible, and modeling Jesus to them. I have never experienced more JOY than when I am doing this!

No comments: