Friday, May 11, 2018

My heart sings on Thursdays

Thursday, May 10:  I picked Brendan up after work and we came on over to my house to hang out for awhile. For some reason, we got playing with "Dolly" tonight and since Brendan is SO EASY to entertain, we had some good stories going with her.
Brendan is getting ready at his house for the birth of another baby. He told me that the baby was "inside his mama's belly" and it was going to come out pretty soon. We got talking about babies and he told me that when he "got born" he was just a little TINY person inside his mom, and then he "growed" enough to come out and then he was a baby for awhile, and then ... LOOK! He got big! "But do you know what, Grandma? When I get bigger, I will be a TEENAGER, because that's what happens in a life-cycle!"
We had a rather unusual visit tonight because where I live, there was a water problem in the entire park and we were told NOT to drink the water, etc. The fact is, there was NO water whatsoever when we tried to turn the faucets on. We couldn't even flush the toilets! Yikes.
 Thankfully, I had prepared dinner LAST night and just had to pop it in the microwave. We ate a very nice meal. Brendan actually built a very cool train layout on my floor (I didn't take any pictures of it) and was totally enthralled with the design and building of it (it even went UNDER my coffee table) ...
 ... but after we ate, we decided (since there was no water at the Beach House and we couldn't use the toilets or anything) we would drive over to the hobby shop on 28th Street and play with their stuff for awhile.
Brendan, who is usually a relatively happy young fellow (!!) becomes absolutely ecstatic just thinking about the hobby shop (see above) ... 
 They have beautiful trains and models there ... and one of the nicest Brio tables anywhere around!
 Brendan pretended all kinds of fun stuff ...


 I love to watch him imagine and pretend ... Brendan has such a beautiful soul.
We drove over to Brendan's house because it was his bedtime. Baby Aidan was up and about (no pictures of that cutie tonight) and we played with him for awhile, and then it was storytime. I had forgotten to bring along the books I had intended to read to Brendan, so we chose one from his bookshelf, "Green Eggs and Ham" and cracked ourselves up for awhile reading it. And THEN we read from "The Jesus Storybook Bible", the story of Daniel and the lions. We had a great time just enjoying each other tonight. What a gift it is to have grandchildren.

No comments: