Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sweet granddaughters ...

Saturday, May 5:  The boys had been invited over to one of their friends' house ... so it was just the girls again! When you look through these pictures, you will only see ONE girl, one very special dear-to-my-heart granddaughter. BUT ... Kaity was not alone with me at my house! Emma was here too. And Emma holds a special place (and always will) in this grandma-heart of mine. However, she is not photo-friendly of late, so I am endeavoring to respect that! 
 And look! Look at the sweet candle set Diana picked up for me! I love it! We lit it so that we could see how it looks, even though it wasn't dark inside my house at the time. Kaity brought "Dolly" over to be in our picture.
I suggested we play Play-Doh this afternoon. Kaity went for it with all of her heart. She has BIG ideas when it comes to what she wants to create with Play-Doh. 
 Thankfully, I have lots of tools and lots of Play-Doh too.
I have little molds: one that does a bear, one does a car, one is a train engine, and I think one is a bunny (but I presently cannot remember!). Anyway, Kaity wanted to make a bear family. 
 We made a mom and a dad. Kaity decided they should have their own sleeping places, "so they wouldn't get crowded." So we made nice beds, pillows and blankets.
 We were also able to create a few baby bears to add to the family.

 I love it when Kaity gets super interested in something and actually sticks with it for more than 2 minutes! We actually sat around this table for almost an hour, and it was so much fun.


Kaity showing me a bit of "attitude" !
 Kaity took a nice long bath (prior to the PlayDoh), so her hair was drying at first, but then we combed it all out and put it in a ponytail so she could see and her hair wouldn't be getting PlayDoh stuck to it.





When we drove Emma home, Kaity and I decided to play at the close-by playground again this week. Kaity LOVES the outdoors. She is a highly physical child, very athletic, very happy to climb and jump and swing and cross monkey-bars. She has a LOT of energy. 

Kaity's face! I think she has just seen a cute little dog
across the park. She loves animals.


 See how strong Kaity is?





Our time went by quickly again this week. Emma is now eligible for her driver's permit. She will make an excellent driver. She is super careful, knows all of the road rules, and is a very responsible person. She has really enjoyed driver's ed. I'm so glad you came over yesterday, Emma. It's always nice to re-connect. You are growing up so quickly now and your life is becoming more and more busy with school, choir, drama club, driving, homework, friends ... I hope you know how much you are loved.

No comments: