Wednesday, May 17, 2023

May 16 with the kids

Tuesday DAY:  Today was destined to be a busy day--because not only did I have the kiddos during the day, our Matt graduates from high school tonight and the ceremony is at 7PM.

I worked it out with Dylan and Kelly that I could do our regular schedule, except I would have to be on the road back to my house by 5:00 in order to get home, change clothes, eat a little something, and get to the graduation on time. So that's exactly what we did!

When Cal and I picked Erin up from school, she looked a little bit worn out and tired, but I never expected that she would sleep all the way to my house! She and Cal both fell asleep listening to beautiful music. I took a little spin out in the "country" to let them sleep a little bit longer and then we arrived at my house.

Erin immediately went inside and ... fell asleep again! I felt her to see if she had a temperature, but she seemed cool to the touch--so she slept. She refused all food, which is highly unusual for this little sweetheart.

Meanwhile, Cal played and played and played! He's amazing to watch--truly! Such an enthusiastic car lover ... train conductor ... truck driver ... airline pilot ... etc.!
Look at his happy little face!





You are a little doll, Callaghan!

Erin finally woke up. When I felt her this time, she was HOT. Look at her red cheeks and lips. Poor dear.

She told me she was hungry, so I got out a nice pink toy plate and matching mug and gave her some crackers and water ... just to be safe.
When it was time to go to my car, I carried her on my back, strapped her into her car seat, and she promptly fell asleep once again.

Cal was not at all friendly to the idea about going to the car. I had to catch him and pretend I was going to throw him somewhere (which always makes him laugh) in order to actually get him into his car seat. Other than dear Erin being sick, it was a very nice few hours here at the Beach House.
 

No comments: