Saturday, December 16, 2023

December 13 Happiness

Wednesday:  Another Wednesday has come and gone! The weeks go by so quickly, I can hardly keep track of them. I sure enjoyed my time with this little guy today.

I'm so glad Cal likes to play with the nativity set. He is most likely the last little one to enjoy it--it really is for little kids to play with. They can touch, move, pretend, etc.--all without fear of anything breaking. Perfect.
I always add a few of our farm animals to the scene. It makes it more fun if there is a cat, dog and a few chickens to play with too.

Cal thought it would be a good idea if Paco the Pig came to see the baby Jesus ... so Cal brought him over to take a look ...

Isn't he the sweetest?
Cal really likes this little bird my dad carved years ago. I'm pretty sure the bird is a cardinal (based on its very RED color--but it appears to be a juvenile cardinal at best). 
We played quite a long time with cars and trucks (always a favorite).
Cal had fallen asleep on the way to my house today, so he was still a little bit sleepy. He likes to cuddle with baby James and some of my stuffed animals too, covered up with a dinosaur receiving blanket--what could be more cozy? He also loves this little lantern.


You should hear Cal as he plays--lots and lots of sound effects. He's really got quite an active imagination. He reminds me so much of Brendan at this age (minus the rather strong will this little guy has) ...


Cal stayed awake on the drive over to his house. While we waited for the bus to bring Erin and Aidan home, Cal jumped into the front seat of my car and pretended to drive. He was 100% happy doing this and pressed every single button, activated every switch, and generally moderated every setting on my dashboard ... but no worries ... the key was NOT in the ignition!

I had a nice time coloring with Erin this afternoon. She's very mellow when she gets out of school. She is liking more and more art stuff--so that's a real "win" for me. I failed to take any pictures of her doing her art. She drew a very impressive water scene with waves and colored them so interestingly. I helped her draw a dolphin leaping out of the waves. She was super pleased.

I interacted briefly with Aidan and Brendan. They were in the basement playing a game. I love these guys so much. My "tickle bug" came out and chased them around for a few minutes with them cracking up. I had to banish it (the tickle bug) to my pocket because it just would NOT behave ...
 

No comments: