Friday, December 29, 2023

December 28 with KT & Ayden

Thursday:  Kaity sent me a text last night telling me that she had spoken with Ayden and that it was very possible we would be able to rendezvous with him over at Altitude this evening! YES! YES! 

I arrived at 4:00 over at Jesse's to pick Kaity up. He let me know ahead of time that Kaity was with Kenzie and Harper roller skating--so she might not be home exactly at 4:00. I was fine with that because ... well, then I would get to chat with Jesse for awhile, and that's always a good thing.

Kaity arrived before 5:00 and we took off right away to my house so that I could feed her and then get over to Altitude in time to meet up with Ayden. Everything worked out! It was SO GOOD to see our friend again! Ayden is just one of those hard-to-explain, rather unusual kids in that he is just SO easy to be with, easy to like, completely entertaining, very nice, super friendly people. We have missed him very much--but we listened to his grandma's advice to let Ayden take the initiative of when he was ready to socialize (in lieu of his mother's sudden death five weeks ago). 

These two had so much fun jumping, wrestling, chasing, hiding ... playing!

Ayden is very dramatic. We've told him he needs to go into acting. He is the funniest kid, and can just comes up with cool stuff to do and say. Here he is pretending that his arm is broken and he can't get back on his feet ...
And then here he is pretending to be a robot (I think) ...

This child. Oh, Lord--please keep Ayden safe from this rough and difficult world. Shower Your mercy on his life with a keen awareness of WHO You are and what You have done for all of us. Help him come to you in faith believing in You alone for His salvation and purpose for living.
And my Kaity-Girl too, Lord. I love her so.

At 7:30, our "hour" was up and it was announced that those kids with speckled bands on should exit the trampoline area. Both Ayden and Kaity wanted to play longer (it was only 25 minutes until closing time); so I told them we should ask the management if that would be okay. I went over to the front desk and asked the manager. She was so nice! She said that Kaity and Ayden could play until closing. Super nice people run Altitude; but I am glad we asked because otherwise it would be dishonest to just remove the bands and continue playing like nothing was amiss. I know that God sees us wherever we are and that He expects us to do the right thing, no matter how badly we want to do otherwise.

So thankful that we were able to see and be with Ayden this evening. 

No comments: