Monday, December 18, 2023

December 16 with KT

Saturday:  I "guilted" Kaity into going to the Christmas play at Calvary late this afternoon (i.e. "What have you ever gotten me for Christmas, Kaity?" She looked a tiny bit daunted by my question--so I quickly told her that coming with me to the Christmas play would be a real gift for me). The program didn't begin until 4:00, but we arrived at about 3:20 in order to get good seats. We sat right next to the orchestra--which is a fun place to sit because you can watch the violinists and the cellists, etc. as they perform and flip through their music on their cool lighted music stands.

It's probably just me, but I wasn't crazy about the storyline of the play--it just wasn't very engaging. The music and props and production were excellent (as always); but the story just wasn't very interesting or believable. Kaity slept through half of it. We both did enjoy one part of the play--when one of the characters began singing (he's so talented) and he acted his part of a homeless fellow very well. He was funny too.


I snapped these pictures prior to the performance. Since we were so early, we had quite a wait. I was (for once) thankful Kaity had her phone to play with--it made the waiting less boring for her. 

After the play, we went back to my house to eat and hang out for a bit and then we went to Altitude for an hour. Kaity practiced a bunch of her different jumps. She does this wall climbing thing and every week, she gets better and better at it. We always have a nice time together at Altitude; but it's probably because I just love to be with Kaity!

No comments: