Monday, December 18, 2023

December 17 The Christmas Pageant, pre-performance

Sunday:  Every year, one of the highlights of the Christmas season is attending the Christmas pageant at Holy Trinity. After all, I have beautiful grandchildren to watch perform the nativity story! I just love the simple beauty of how they do it every year. I took a ton of pictures (naturally), so I will probably do two posts, starting with the pre-performance pictures.

I found our little angel girl in her Sunday school classroom with other angels in various degrees of excitement and a little bit of apprehension.


Erin was a little annoyed with her "wings" because they kept sliding off her shoulders ... this is why she has this facial expression I think.
I found our extremely special COW in his classroom as well, with a few sheep and a couple of camels.
Mr. Aidan was clearly befuddled by the cow head-gear. At one point, he pulled it up over his nose and declared that he was a cow without a nose!

Good thing he has a few good friends who were being compliant and orderly about this whole affair, or I am not sure we would have had an Aidan cow in this show at all.


I found the dearest shepherd in all the world in the fellowship hall with other shepherds and the other cast members. They were practicing their parts ...

Dear child--have you any idea how much your grandma loves you?

Almost TWELVE ... my heart ... how do the years pass this quickly?


Our small Cal decided against being part of the performance. He was not going to put a costume on--NO WAY! I'm glad his parents are wise enough not to force it on him. He'll come around eventually ...
Cal did very well during the performance, though. He sat on Dylan's lap and took the whole thing in.
Beautiful children, aren't they? Love them so much.

No comments: